Monday, August 6, 2012

First day of Clinics!


Day 4

It was our first day at clinics. It was pretty cool.  I mostly worked in pharmacy - getting prescriptions, finding the medicines in the bottles or boxes, and counting out the pills.  We then had a translator who gave the medicine to the patients and described how to take them in Spanish.  We ate breakfast at 6:45 am and then had our daily devotion led by Amanda.  We arrived at the church around 8 am and the clinic opened at 9.  We closed a little after 4 pm but we did not leave until close to 6 pm because the dental place took longer to do.  Apparently most of the people coming to the clinics will want to see the dentist.  I bet they have never been to a dentist before.  The clinic was a cool experience because it really showed me how fortunate I am to have all the amenities at my beck and call.  After the clinic we came back and had dinner.  Again both lunch and dinner were amazing. It is crazy how amazing the food is here.  I really am surprised. For lunch we had some sort of beef, a lot of rice, some vegetables to put on the rice, some tortillas, and this buttery potato thing.  It was so much food but it was really good. Surprisingly the potato thing was my least favorite and that is weird for me because I love potatoes!  For dinner we had the same vegetable medley we had a couple days ago which was delicious, chicken cordon bleu, and rice.  Isn't it weird the first time I ever ate chicken cordon bleu? It was pretty good. After that a bunch of us, including Dr. Diana went to get ice cream at a place called Pops! I got a sundae with Carmel ice cream and chocolate syrup.  It was really good.  I paid 60 cordobas which is roughly less than 3 dollars! We then went to the local grocery store and it was awesome seeing all the brands we use but in Spanish.  I am now back at Quinta Shalom sitting here with some people just talking about everything.  I'm about to go to bed because breakfast is at 6:45 am.  That is all for now.

Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment